Motor City Seeds values our visitor and customer privacy and aims to maintain and protect our visitor & customer privacy and anonymity while browsing our site and shopping from our online store.
Explicitly-provided Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, subscribe to the newsletter and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, Users can, however, anonymously visit and order from our Site. Personal information will be collected from Users, but only if the user volunteers that information. Users can refuse to supply personally identifiable information so long as it does not prevent them from using the site (ex. placing an order or submitting a contact form).
Non-personal identification information
When Users interact with our Site, we may collect some non-personal information that is personally unidentifiable including:
Your IP address is like your telephone number on the internet. It may change from time to time, but while you have it, it’s unique to your computer. IP addresses can be used to determine the identity of your ISP (internet service provider), and to discover its general geographic location. Your ISP keeps log files which can be used to match your IP address with your account information.
Like most websites, Motor City Seeds maintains a server access log which includes IP address information. This is done for our security and yours. These logs are deleted from the server periodically, but we make no specific guarantees about their longevity. We reserve the right to log IPs at any time. To prevent your personal IP address from being logged you can use TOR, a VPN, a proxy server, etc. The site’s functionality may be impaired when you anonymize your connection.
Our access logs also contain technical information about our users’ computers, including (but not limited to) their browsers, operating systems, and what sites referred them to Motor City Seeds. Technical information is retained and used by Motor City Seeds to improve site compatibility and guide development (for example, we may review aggregated technical information to ensure our site functions correctly). Technical information may be shared in aggregate with third parties, no personally identifiable information is ever available. To prevent technical information about your computer from being logged you must access the site using a proxy server, VPN or a third party web anonymizer (TOR etc.). The site’s functionality may be impaired when technical information about your computer is not available.
Cookies are small pieces of data which the Motor City Seeds website stores on your hard drive. The cookies we set can only be read by Motor City Seeds website – your web browser will not allow any other site to access the data. Cookies have an expiration date, so that they don’t stay on your hard drive forever. Your browser automatically deletes cookies which have expired.
Motor City Seeds website sets many cookies to enhance the browsing experience. They are used to store user preferences, technical data, and for statistical tracking. You can prevent Motor City Seeds website from setting cookies on your hard drive by configuring your web browser to reject cookies, to prompt you before accepting them, or by installing a third party cookie utility. The site’s functionality (for example, the Shopping Cart or Wishlist) may be impaired when cookies are disabled.
How we may use collected information:
Motor City Seeds may collect/use Users information for the following:
Improving Customer Service
Personal information helps us respond to customer service and support.
Personalizing the user experience
Information may be used to aggregate and understand how our customers/Users use the services on our Site.
Improving this Site
To continuously improve our website and products from the information received by Users.
Information provided by the Users for the purpose of placing an order will be used only to provide service to said order. None of this information is shared with outside parties except when specifically required to process an order and in such cases we share only the minimum amount of information needed to process your order (for example, relevant order-fulfillment information may be shared with shipping staff at one of our warehouses or if an order is drop-shipped by breeder) (all outside parties we work with, have agreed to abide by our privacy policies).
Administer Promotion, Content, Surveys or other Site features
Only to send Users information that may be of interest to them and which they subscribed to.
Send Periodic E-Mails/Newsletters
E-Mail addresses provided during processing will only be used to send information/confirmation about the order placed and updates about that order, and may also be used to help with inquiries, requests or other questions. If a User makes the decision to opt in to our email list, they agree to receiving emails about company news, new products or updates. If at any time the User decides to opt out of future emails, they can unsubscribe using the instructions at the bottom of each email or they can contact us using the Contact page to request removal.
How Motor City Seeds protects your information
In order to protect our Users information, we adopt modern data collection processing and storage methods to protect from un-authorized access or alterations or disclosures of any personal data that may include usernames, passwords transactions and other personal data sent to the Site. Data sent to our Site happens over a private, secured SSL connection which is a communication channel that is encrypted and uses digital signatures. We are also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
- We regularly flush our server cache to reduce the persistence of no-longer-needed data.
- To help keep our website and users’ accounts more secure, user accounts will be locked-out after 13 unsuccessful login attempts. If you should get locked out of your MotorCitySeeds account just contact our friendly support team for a password reset. We appreciate your understanding as we strive to keep your account information safe.
- In line with international GDPR regulations, customers have the option of purging (deleting/removing) their order/customer history and personal information from our database, at any time (just ask). (Note that if you ask us to purge your data then Motor City Seeds will no longer have any record of your MotorCitySeeds online account, any past orders or any other related info (any saved Wishlists etc.) and if you wanted to order again you would be doing so as a brand new customer and would lose access to any previous order history along with any other personal or order-related information.)
Children’s online protection compliance:
- We never allow site access nor collect/ maintain data from persons we know are under 21 and no part of the site is designed, structured or intended for underage persons.
- Users must self-validate that they are of legal adult age before accessing/viewing our website.
- During checkout, users must input a date-of-birth over age 21 before our system will accept/ process their order.
- Our website’s metadata includes Google Adult Content flags to allow our website to be filtered (if desired) by parental adult-content filters/blockers (SafeSearch etc.).
How we don’t use the information we collect from you:
Motor City Seeds website will never sell, give, share, transfer or disclose any information we collect about our users, except potentially in rare situations as outlined below:
- Motor City Seeds is incorporated and hosted in the United States. In the event that we are are ever served with a legal subpoena (Heaven forfend!), we may provide information as required by law.
- If a user is engaged in activities which may cause serious harm to our servers or community, that user is not welcome here (Mean People Suck! Good Vibes Only…) and we reserve the right to file a report with the user’s ISP and any applicable authorities.
- If (and only if) we have genuine reason to believe that a user may be in imminent danger of harming him or herself, or others, then (and only then) we reserve the right to share any identifying information with emergency services/public safety, and anyone else in a position to render assistance.
- We may provide aggregate user information to third parties (as described in Non-Personal Identification Information above) such as website performance technical analytics, but no personally identifiable information will be made available.
- As of this date, Motor City Seeds LLC has never received an order under Section 215 of the USA Patriot Act, we would expect to challenge such an order if (Heaven forfend!) ever served on us. We agree with The Indian Hemp Drugs Commission of 1893-94’s Report On The Religion Of Hemp, which counsels “No good thing can come to a man who treads underfoot the holy cannabis leaf…”
Motor City Seeds values our users’ privacy and personal liberty and we are constantly striving to create a secure and safe shopping environment. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
Acceptance of these terms
Last Update: April 20th, 2022